Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Patriotic Roundup

Hello hello!

It's been a busy first part of the week for me! I coach a swim team at the YMCA and we had a duel meet last night. It was the first one we have been able to host without it getting rained out! (sidenote: has any else in eastern NC noticed what a rainy summer this has been??) It was hot and crazy, but the kids swam great and they all seemed to have a good time so it was definitely worth hobbling around on my crutches!

A little update on my knee - I was able to see my regular doctor yesterday and turns out I tore cartilage - not a ligament. The bad part is that a tear in the cartilage isn't something that can be fixed with rest and physical therapy, so I'll most likely end up having surgery here pretty soon. The good news is that it will be more of a "cleaning house" kind of surgery instead of reconstructive - so they will go in through a few small incisions and clean the bad stuff out/rearrange some of it. It was a best bad news I could of gotten, so I'll take it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone else believe that it is already July?!? I'm hoping this month will go a LOT little slower! With tomorrow being the 4th, I figured I would put together a little roundup of some easy (and super cute!) DIY projects and recipes.

Obsessed with this flag made out of sticks!
Pinned here

Still trying to figure out what to wear tomorrow? Grab some old jeans, scissors and paint! Pair with a white t-shirt or tank and you're ready to go!
Pinned here




Pinned here

Easy and adorable strawberries!

I love the yarn wreaths that keep popping up on Pinterest! I need to set aside some time and make one..

Another fun way to decorate utensil holders
Pinned here


Use a cookie cutter to make star shaped pound cake pieces - simple but festive!

Planning on making cupcakes or cookies? How about some firecracker sprinkles to go on top?
Cute idea from Lizard & Ladybug

For the adults at the party... 4th of July jello shots! : )
Pinned here 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's time to break out your favorite pair of jorts and start getting ready for the 4th!

xoxo
- Jenny 








No comments:

Post a Comment